If you are printing to a Canon ImageRunner, selecting duplex and receiving single-sided output follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
Steps to fix
1) Switch the protocol to socket printing.
If the printer is configured for IPP of LPD printing, select socket printing.
In directprint.io edit the printer settings.
- The URI should be in the following format: socket://<IP or hostname of printer>:9100
2) Select the required driver:
Consult the specification of your printer.
The canon ImageRunner Series will support one or more of the following PDL / driver types:
- PDF as Octet stream
- PCL6 as Octet stream
- PostScript 3 as Octet stream
We suggest trying PDF as octet stream first as this has widest support on US and European Canon models.
- Ensure that 'PJL Header' is ENABLED / checked
3) Assume unidirectional printing. Scroll down to the Printer Overrides Sections and select the correct defaults for your device.
- Ensure that 'Do not query the printer...' is ENABLED / checked
- Select the duplex and color capabilities of the device.
- Leave the Duplex (long edge) backsheet rotation setting on Autodetect.