directprint.io includes a highly flexible printer command engine that can send the required configurations for document box, secure print, stored print, stapling, folding, punching to the printer etc.
Inbuilt advanced options
directprint.io includes a growing number of pre-built and tested configurations across a range of manufacturers. The pre-built configs can be found under the 'Advanced settings' section of the printer configuration page in directprint.io.
Please check this section before raising a support ticket.
If your required configuration is not available / working
To replicate advanced finishing or hold commands in directprint.io, sometimes we will ask you for some extra information about how you have your printer configured with today using the manufacturer provided (OEM) driver. This enables directprint.io to replicate the Windows settings, analyse the output and create new configuration files to drive specific features.
We may ask for additional information, if so please provide see the following section for instructions:
Configuration Information Required from you
Please raise a support ticket containing the following information:
- Make and Model of the printer
- Information on the current Windows driver that you use:
- Include the driver type, if known (e.g. PCL6 PostScript3, etc)
- Include the release version (e.g. August 16 2011 or version x.y.z)
- Include a link to the download page, if possible.
- We will require information about which features you intend to use - e.g. document box, stapling, punching
- A screenshot of the 'Printer Properties' screen, showing any device configuration tabs e.g.
- A screenshot of the 'Printing preferences' screen with your desired configuration active (e.g. secure print enabled)
With this information directprint.io should be able to replicate the settings and provide a configuration file or further advice on how to achieve the correct outcome.
We aim to create new configurations within 2 working days, directprint.io will require your assistance to validate the configuration file.