If you can't see newly created printers, or user's complain that they don't have access to printers follow these steps to resolve the issue:
Steps to ensure printers are visible to users or devices:
- Check that the printer is not hidden from users, by viewing the Printer's Overview screen from the printer list: https://directprint.io/admin/printers. 'Hidden from users' should be set to 'No'
- If using Google Workspace-based allocation check which mode you're allocating printers in, this will be either User OU, Device OU or User Group or a combination. Check the mode here: https://directprint.io/admin/orgUnits this setting will determine whether you need to allocate printers to OUs or Groups (nb Azure currently supports Groups only)
- If you're allocating printers by either User OU or Device OU membership check that the printer is allocated to the required OU: https://directprint.io/admin/orgUnits/ous
- If you're inheriting printers from an OU to a sub-OU then ensure that the 'Inherit/Override' option is set to inherit and the 'Inherited from...' text is shoeing the correct inheritance path
- If you're using Google Workspace Groups or Azure Groups allocation, check that the printer is allocated to the required Group: https:/directprint.io/admin/orgUnits/groups , further check that the 'Exclusive / additive' group setting is to your requirements. If 'Exclusive' is selected, check that the user's group has the correct priority (lower number is higher priority)
Testing user or group based allocation
Once the printer has been added added to a user's OU or Group you can test to see which printers a user should see by running a user search https://directprint.io/admin/orgUnits/individuals/search and checking the 'Visible printers'
If the OU location of the user is out-of-sync with the Google Admin Console force a resync from the Google Sync Status and Settings screen: https://directprint.io/admin/orgUnits
Testing device-based allocation
- Reboot the Chrome device.
- If you don't see the required printers, using the Google Workspace Admin console (https://admin.google.com/ac/chrome/) locate the 'Directory API ID' for the specific device.
- Copy the Directory API ID from the admin console to the 'Device Search' tool in directprint.io: https://directprint.io/admin/orgUnits/deviceSearch
- Check that the expected OU location of the device matches between directprint.io and the Google Admin Console.
- If the OU location is out-of-sync force a resync from the Google Sync Status and Settings screen: https://directprint.io/admin/orgUnits