Overview of filters
directprint.io supports a number of standard filters/adjustments that are available in all print drivers.
These filters allow administrators to correct scale, position or color issues encountered when printing.
The guide will step you through the process of applying one or more filters to a printer.
How to add filter options to the printer
- Locate the printer from the printer list: Printer Network -> List Printers (https://directprint.io/admin/printers)
- Select 'Edit printer' from the 'Actions' dropdown.
- Click 'Advanced config' to enter the PPD configuration screen.
- Select the following PPD fragment:
- Manufacturer: directprint.io
- Type: Finishing
- Model: directprint.io Formatting Control Options (force only)
5. Click 'Add to options'.
Enabling specific filters
Filters may be enabled or disabled according to your need.
To enable a filter:
- Under 'directprint Options' Select 'Force' for the selected filter option
- Choose a setting for the selected filter (e.g. 5%, or on)
Changes are saved automatically.
- Brightness adjust
- Shift print image right
- Scale and center
- Scale and left align
- Crop to image bounding box
To test the effect of a filter in realtime, hit the refresh icon next to 'Active printer list' in the directprint.io application to force pickup of the latest configuration change that includes the filter settings.
Run a test print to the printer to see the effect of the chosen filter(s).