Using Google admin to install the directprint.io app
The best way to deploy the directprint.io app to your Chromebook users is to use the force install option available through the Google Admin console available to Google Workspace (G Suite account administrators).
Finding and installing the app in the Google Admin console
- Go to admin.google.com and login if required.
- Select 'Device management'.
- Select 'Chrome management'.
- Then select ‘User settings’ from the main panel.
- Navigate down to ‘Apps and Extensions’ and select 'Manage Force Installed Applications’.
Select the Chrome Store from the application source selection.
- In the search box type ‘directprint’ and hit enter.
- This will yield 3 search results
- Select directprint.io printing, verify this is the correct app by clicking ‘details’.
- Select ‘Add’ to force install this to all users within the Google Organization Unit’
- Click ‘Save’ (bottom right)
- Navigate back to 'Device Management' -> 'Chrome Management' and select 'App management' from the main screen
- User App management selects the directprint.io printing application.
The directprint.io client may be configured to run in both User mode (where users log in with a Google ID) or as a Public Session mode where anonymous Internet access is provided. In this configuration, we will configure the client for User (login) mode.
Select 'User settings' from the directprint.io app configuration menu.
Select/enable 'Allow Installation', 'Force Installation', and ‘Pin to Taskbar’.
That's it! Now you're done with configuring the force install of the directprint.io app for managed Chrome OS devices check out how to allocate printers to OUs please follow the instructions at