Based on our experience with Xerox Versalink / Altalink / Workcenter products, below are the optimal settings within directprint.io to apply for these printers.
directprint.io admin console settings:
Under 'Edit printer'
1) Change IPP to Socket e.g. ipp://10.10.10.10:631/ipp/print becomes socket://10.10.10.10:9100
2) Change printer driver to Postscript 3 as Octet Stream.
3) Ensure that Include PJL header is checked (enabled)
4) Ensure that 'Do not query the printer before printing (checked = do not query)' is checked (enabled)
5) Under advanced options (bottom of the same screen):
a) Check (enable) use multi-device copy
b) Select long edge & short edge if the printer supports it.
c) Leave back-sheet treatment to autodetect.
d) Choose color override mode according to printer capability
e) Select default paper size
Save your changes by hitting the 'Update button'
- Within the direcprint.io client, to force pickup of the new settings hit the refresh icon next to 'Active printer list'
- Send a one-page test print to the printer
- Check that the print succeeds.