These error codes apply to IPP (port 631) printing. Please see below for common errors and fixes for IPP Printing.
IPP 'Failed to fetch' error
Cause and fix:
|The printer is offline||
Check the printer is powered on, connected and no errors are shown on the printer panel.
|The printer is unreachable||
Check that the end-device (Chromebook, Windows, Mac) can route to the printer. See this guide for more help
|The IPP service is disabled||
Log into the printer control panel and check that IPP (port 631) printing is enabled.
IPP unexpected response 406 error
Printer status: IppResponseError: Received unexpected response status 406 from the printer
Cause: IPP stack incompatibility (mostly Xerox printers)
Follow the instructions to convert the IPP printer to socket printing:
- Find the printer in the printer list: https://directprint.io/admin/ printers
- Click 'Actions' -> 'Edit printer'
- Change the printer URI to socket://<ip of printer>:9100
- Click the green 'Update' button to save the change
- On your test Chromebook/Windows/Mac device in the directprint.io app, hit the refresh icon next to 'Active printer list' to force pickup of the change
- Run a test print.
IPP 403: Unauthorized error
Cause: Invalid certificate
Solution: Disable IPPs on the printer
- Using the printer's web admin panel, locate the IPP settings.
- If IPPS is enabled, disable it.
- If 'Upgrade to IPPS' is exists and is enabled, disable it.
- Re-add the printer to directprint.io using the Add Printer Wizard