The article describes the optimal settings for Sharp and Toshiba printers and copiers.
1) Check to see whether your printer/copier supports PCL6 or PostScript3
2) If the printer is PCL6 compatible select PCL6 as Octet Stream with PJL header enabled:
~ or ~
3) If the printer support PostScript3 select 'PostScript3 for Sharp/Toshiba/Brother as octet stream' with PJL header enabled.
4) Optionally change to socket printing (in preference to IPP)
- Change IPP to Socket e.g. ipp://10.10.10.10:631/ipp/print becomes socket://10.10.10.10:9100
- (If not already selected) Select PostScript3 for Sharp/Toshiba/Brother as octet or PCL6 as octet
- Ensure that Include PJL header is checked (enabled)
- Ensure that 'Do not query the printer before printing (checked = do not query)' is checked (enabled)
- Under advanced options (bottom of the same screen):
a) Check (enable) use multi-device copy
b) Select long edge & short edge if the printer supports it.
c) Leave back-sheet treatment to autodetect.
d) Choose color override mode according to printer capability
e) Select default paper size
Save your changes by hitting the 'Update button'